According to the World Health Organization: Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans.
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
As we move into unchartered waters discovering more about the virus, it is important that we are proactive with protocols to keep our staff and clients as safe as possible.
We have 3 key objectives:
1. Reducing any transmission risk among clients, staff and suppliers
2. Protecting those who are deemed to be of higher risk for adverse health complications
3. Maintaining the business operation of providing trusted security services in the Helderberg Basin.
Effective immediately, we have implemented new protocols to ensure better avoidance controls in our organisation. All protocols apply to our head office, armed response, service teams and guarding units. These protocols include but are not limited to the following:
- Sick employees to stay home
- Masks and gloves will be available for employees
- We will be limiting the number of physical bodies in the office environment as far as possible
- Employees who are in contact with anyone (family/ neighbours) who are experiencing symptoms must disclose this to their direct manager telephonically. It will be encouraged that they stay at home
- Everyone is practicing improved respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene at all times
- Every staff member entering our head office will be tested with a digital thermometer
- We are implementing more intensive routine cleaning of all contact surfaces including equipment like handheld radios and keyboards. Intensive cleaning will apply to all vehicles and offices also.
The Secure Rite Family will remain active and responsive to all security needs in our community. Our teams continue to investigate more ways we can support the process of containment.
Together, we can get through anything.
Call us today for any security needs.
Tel: 0860 10 30 99.
Email address: email@example.com
Web address: www.securerite.co.za